Return to Work - 3-Day Training
Time & Location
About The Event
Returning to work after a career break can be a daunting prospect. For many people, it is an intimidating and isolating process with many challenges, including having to navigate system and service changes while relearning and refreshing clinical skills.
This inter-professional four-day programme is aimed at NHS clinicians who have been on a break in their career and are returning to clinical practice. The course is open to doctors as well as nurses and allied health professionals from any specialty, from Community, Acute and Psychiatric services.
Course Overview and Aims:
- The course will give the learners the opportunity to practice clinical skills while learning about major systemic changes across the NHS and supports available to the returners.
- Learners will go through common clinical scenarios highlighting both clinical skills as well as the values associated with practice.
- There will be a forum for learners to discuss the concerns common to all who are coming back to clinical work after being away for an extended period of time.
- The course will also focus on helping learners develop techniques to manage the work life balance while maintaining self-care and compassion as well as for patients and colleagues.
- There will be an evening social event where learners can informally discuss issues, allowing them the opportunity to set up support networks.
- FREE Ticket - One per booking£0£00£0