Tue, 10 Apr|
Practising Psychiatry Competencies
This series of courses is aimed at all trainees. The courses focus on clinical skills, beginning with history taking, risk assessment, alliance building, recognising and navigating difficult dynamics and introduction to de-escalation techniques.
Time & Location
10 Apr 2018, 20:30
SW9 9NT, Landor Rd, London SW9 9NT, UK
About The Event
This series of courses is aimed at all trainees. The courses focus on clinical skills, beginning with history taking, risk assessment, alliance building, recognising and navigating difficult dynamics and introduction to de-escalation techniques. The series then moves onto bio-psychosocial case formulation and differential diagnosis as well as treatment planning and management of more difficult cases. The learning objectives are based on the core curriculum set out by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Participants will be involved in a series of simulated scenarios using actors. Debriefing models are employed to give participants feedback and to assist them in learning positively and constructively from the experience.
After completing this course those attending will be able to:
- perform specialist assessments of patients’ and document relevant history and examination on culturally diverse patients.
- comprehensively assess and document patients’ potential for self-harm or harm to others.
- conduct therapeutic interviews whilst collecting clinically relevant material.
- demonstrate effective communication with patients, relatives and colleagues.
- develop appropriate leadership skills.
- inform and educate patients more effectively.
- demonstrate an improved ability to act in a professional manner at all times.
- construct formulations of patients’ problems including appropriate differential diagnoses.
- recommend relevant investigations and treatments in the context of a clinical management plan.
South London NHS Staff
This ticket is only valid for NHS Staff working within South London.
Other NHS staff
At a discounted rate, other NHS Staff working outside the Southern area of London can attend this course for the price stated.
Staff from non public sector
This ticket is for all non public sector organisations.