Place of Safety Simulation Course
Time & Location
About The Event
This course aims aim to enhance the confidence, knowledge and clinical skills of staff who are working in a Place of Safety (PoS) or Section 136 Suite. It focus’ on how to manage acute physical and mental health problems, as well as specifically exploring team work, staff roles and resources in this unique environment.
By the end of the course participants will:
- be more confident in managing common Place of Safety presentations, both physical and mental health.
- understand the impact of human factors or non-technical skills in the delivery of high quality care
- have increased awareness of the roles, systems and resources unique to PoS working
- be more confident using PoS resources in worst case scenarios
- be aware of how the environment, working culture and attitudes can influence crises and outcomes
This course is suitable for all clinical staff working in Place of Safety / 136- Doctors, nurses, support staff . It is open to staff from SLaM, Oxleas and South West London & St Georges Mental health Trust