Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds, Healthy Lives - Mind & Body Programme (August 2019)
Time & Location
About The Event
This free two day course, sponsored by the Mind & Body Programme, will support staff in having helpful health change conversations with patients and service users across all healthcare settings, including those who also have associated mental health conditions. The course is suitable for Nurses, Doctors and other AHP who work in areas where lifestyle, wellbeing and exercise is discussed as part of holistic care.
This free course is sponsored by the Mind & Body Programme in order to support staff to improve the mental and physical health of our patients and service users.
Day One - 1st August 2019
- Interactive mix of individual tasks, group work and didactic teaching.
- Introducing techniques from Motivational Interviewing to improve communication skills
Day Two - 12th August 2019
High fidelity simulation experiences, followed by debrief
- Scenarios focused on supporting clients with mental health, wellbeing and medication
- Opportunity to use new techniques to assist patients to find own solution to problems.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU CAN ATTEND BOTH DAYS
Aims & Objectives
For participants to:
- Identify key principles of motivational interviewing
- Develop basic skills in techniques seen in motivational interviewing
- Practice ways of asking questions and speaking with clients to bring about behavioral change
- Recognise where a person is in the circle of change
The simulation day will give participants the opportunity to embed techniques learnt on day one.
- Use of core OARS skills
- Listening and responding to change talk- DARN CAT
- FREE* Ticket - 1 per booking£0£00£0