(FREE Simulation Training Course) Falling Through the Net
Time & Location
About The Event
This one-day inter-professional training course has been designed for health care professionals working within an inpatient mental health setting. It focuses upon the handover process and how we share information between colleagues, other professions and services. Through the use of simulation scenarios, which follow a patient’s journey from admission to discharge, participants are given the chance to practice skills and explore factors which may impact on information sharing. After each simulation a guided debrief prompts further reflection, discussion and sharing of good practice. The course will use simulation and augmented reality techniques to engage and offer an experiential learning opportunity.
Through strengthening skills in information sharing, the course aims to improve continuity in patient care and enhance patient safety.
- To be confident recognising what information to share and when
- To practice handover using a communication tool such as SBAR
- To be able to identify conditions that lead to a favourable handover
- To be aware of factors which may impact or derail the process of sharing of information
- To develop skills in managing distractors.
This course is suitable for a range of health care professionals working within an inpatient setting, including: doctors, nurses, support workers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, pharmacists and other allied health professionals.
- Falling Through The Net£0£00£0