Essential Debriefing Skills for Simulation Faculty (Two-day course)
Time & Location
About The Event
This two-day classroom and simulator‐based course is aimed at clinical staff, doctors and others, currently involved in the delivery of healthcare training.
The course provides an introduction to facilitation and debriefing through a series of abstract and clinical tasks as well as group work. It includes some of the basic educational theories underpinning the three part model of description, analysis and application (DAA) we utilise. We will also explore the principles of non-technical skills and how these are integrated into the debrief.
After completing this course those attending will be able to:
- better understand the difference between instruction and facilitation.
- have the skills required to facilitate a debriefing and practice using them.
- gain in depth understanding of the Non-Technical Skills (NTS) key points.
- know how to centre a debrief around non-technical skills.
- better understand how your behaviour and the behaviour of others may impact on the debriefing.
- understand their duties / responsibilities as a simulation facilitator.
- explore ways of dealing with difficult candidates / difficult debriefs.
- know what makes an effective team.
- better understand the terms ‘fixation error’, situation awareness and vigilance.
- South London NHS Staff£0£00£0
- Other NHS staff£199£1990£0
- Staff from non public sector£299£2990£0