Early Intervention & Prevention in Children's Mental Health - (EPiC - MH)
Time & Location
About The Event
This one-day inter-professional course aims to support front line staff in working positively with young people and their families in the identification of mental illness and promotion of mental well-being, through simulation training.
It aims to guide participants in the identification of common mental health difficulties and build confidence in managing challenging situations. It will explore some of the benefits and challenges of working with individuals’ support systems and help professionals reflect on how best to work with networks to enhance clinical care and promote well-being and recovery.
Open to all health & social care staff working at a primary care level with children across the south of London- GP’s, nurses, allied health professional, social workers, teachers
After completing this course those attending will:
- feel more knowledgeable in the identification of mental illness.
- feel more comfortable in how to manage and respond to emotional distress and high risk situations.
- have an understanding of the connections between physical and mental health
- demonstrate awareness of the challenges and benefits that can arise when working with families and networks
- feel confident working with families collaboratively to improve the health and wellbeing of the child.