Mon, 29 Jul|
The Lambeth Hospital
Crisis & Home Treatment Team Simulation Training - July 29th
This course is suitable for a range of clinicians involved in making clinical treatment decisions and performing risk assessments of acutely unwell patients: Consultants, CT/ST Grade Doctors, Care Co-ordinators, Psychiatric Liaison Nurses, Inpatient Nurses, Home Treatment Team Members.
Time & Location
29 Jul 2019, 08:45 – 17:00
The Lambeth Hospital, 108 Landor Rd, London SW9 9NU, UK
About The Event
A specialist mental health training course for staff working in Crisis or Home Treat Teams. This interactive training course has been designed to help build staff’s knowledge, confidence and skills in working with patients in mental health crises.
Using experiential training techniques, participants will get the chance to work through a variety of simulated scenarios involving the management of complex, multifaceted cases with high levels of emotional distress and risk.
Participants will be encouraged to explore how we manage resources, make decisions and work collaboratively with patients and their families to offer personalised care.
Participants - Suitable for all staff who work in Crisis or HTT- Doctors, nurses, support workers, allied health professionals
- To consolidate and strengthen quality of mental health assessments
- To increase confidence in assessing and making decisions based on risks
- To enhance skills and techniques in responding to people in emotional distress
- To adapt communication skills dependent on situation and recipient
- To be able to offer advice and express decisions about the care of patients effectively and compassionately
FREE Ticket - One per booking
*This ticket is available free of charge to all healthcare professionals working within South London. ONE TICKET PER BOOKING£0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out