ENHANCED LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT MODULES
Time & Location
About The Event
Health Education England (HEE), Guys and St. Thomas' & Maudsley Simulation have worked together to develop a series of workshops and experiential learning courses to compliment the "Supported Return to Training" course. These courses are for clinical and non-clinical leaders who supervise and mentor staff, including trainees who are struggling with any issues i.e returning to work from a career break for various reasons (maternity/paternity, sick leave, academic projects, etc.)
The courses will help leaders and managers further develop their leadership abilities, allowing them the opportunity to learn and apply new skills:
- coaching techniques and conversations
- enhanced communication
- ability to give constructive feedback
- develop empathy and insights
- team motivation.
This module will provide supervisors the opportunity to master the necessary leadership abilities which will ensure improved experiences for trainees and others that they supervise, while improving the morale and clinical effectiveness of the entire team. The course will teach skills that are applicable in all clinical and non-clinical teams, leading to a positive impact on their supervisees, the team culture and overall clinical care of patients
The module is made of 2 half day workshops (A & B) and a half day of experiential learning course (C). These 3 modules are each stand alone, and are designed to build on each other. People are encouraged to attend all 3 sessions, however, those with busy schedules can come to any combination of the courses being offered.
By the end of the modules, the learner will gain the following:
- Communication: with a focus on advanced communication and listening skills.
- Leadership Styles: with insights to techniques that make up authentic, empathetic and values-based leadership styles.
- Coaching: an introduction to coaching, along with key skills and techniques.
Time & Date
VALUES-BASED LEADERSHIP | Time & Dates
ONE DAY SPLIT INTO TWO PARTS.
- PART A: 9 AM - 1:00 PM
- PART B: 12:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- 13th December 2018
- 18th January 2019
- 4th February 2019
PART C: SIMULATION | Time & Dates
HALF-DAY COURSE WITH A CHOICE OF EITHER MORNING OR AFTERNOON SESSION
- MORNING SESSION: 9 AM - 12:30 PM
- AFTERNOON SESSION: 1:15 PM - 5 PM
- 9th January 2019
- 19th February 2019
- FREE Ticket - One per booking£0£00£0