Participants will be involved in a series of simulated scenarios that follow the same format as the CASC examination, 10 minutes linked stations and 7 minutes individual stations. Following each simulation, there will be a debrief that allows participants to receive personalised feedback and to assist everyone in learning positively and constructively from the experience. The course is facilitated by and feedback is given by CASC examiners and recent successful exam candidates.
After completing this course those attending will:
• Gain better experience of scenarios such as those encountered in the MRCPsych CASC exam.
• Have enhanced assessment, diagnostic and professional skills that are required to pass the CASC exam as well as to demonstrate competencies within psychiatry training.
• Have a better focus and further develop a structure that candidates can use in preparation for and during the CASC examination.
• Improve their examination taking skills by incorporating personalised feedback to their approach.
• Gain necessary competencies needed to manage more complex clinical presentations that will be helpful for transitioning from core to specialist trainee.
Usual South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust terms & conditions apply.
Why choose Maudsley Simulation CASC prep course?
• In addition to having several opportunities to go into a scenario, trainees will also be able to learn from observing other participants performing multiple scenarios.
• Candidates will be offered video footage of their own scenario.
• Course was co-designed by CASC examiners and recent candidates who passed the CASC exam.
Interested? Submit your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified once we have dates for the course.
Time: 08:00 - 19:00
Refreshment and lunch included.